Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My poem entitled: Welcome to my World

This poem is a little flirtatious, confident, and even a little empowering.


Welcome to My World

In a world that’s constantly changing
Meet someone who is constant
I know what you’re thinking
What makes me special?
The way I talk
The way I dress
The way I carry myself
Perhaps, it is what I wear
Or how I do my hair

The truth is, I’m a step above anything you’ve ever experienced
Anything you’ve ever known
Any woman you’ve ever seen
Beauty, sensuality, compassion, sophistication
All of that is me
Combine deep brown eyes, full lips, intellect, and charm
Don’t you want me on your arm?

I’m not a dream or fantasy
This is not a façade or mirage
I am a part of the most elite group of women to walk this Earth
I am a woman who knows who she is: nobility
So bow down, boy
I may be tangible, but can you catch me?

No comments:

Post a Comment